Comments: No Weapon

Translation: 1)We are who we thought we were; 2)No (fingerprints on the) weapon(s); and, 3)No white suit - don't even know what you're talking about.

Posted by HomerJFong at January 15, 2013 08:14 AM

"Could I get a translation please?" Its clear from the body language he is extremely enthusiastic as he should be. His team just won a hard fought game. He played a big role in it and his long and distinguished football career is nearing an end.

As for the "no weapon" comment, he is giving credit to God for the victory in a very difficult game. This comment appears to be a reference to Isaiah 54:17 (KJV) of the Holy Scriptures which reads "No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tounge that shall rise agains thee in judgement though shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness of me, saith the Lord."

Isahiah 54:17 probably needs to be read and understood within the context of the entire 54th chapter of the book. This scripture likely needs to be understood within the context of the entire 54th chapter of the book. The context of this scripture is Israel prevailing over its enemies, God's servants facing military attacks and being slandered by enemies.

Clearly this is different than the context of a kid's game such as football which grown men are playing and getting paid large sums of money to play. Furthermore these large sums of money will be paid to these men regardless of the outcome nor do they have to worry about someone slandering them.

Nevertheless I can see how this might apply to the situation faced by Mr. Lewis. In this case, the "weapon" is the enemy game plan designed to thwart him and his team, all the prognosticators who said his team could not win, his phyiscal body that is no doubt worn down after a long season and a long career playing a VERY difficult game, the road crowd shouting against his team. Mr. Lewis is giving credit to God for the outcome. He has every reason to do so and every reason to be proud of this accomplishment by himeslf and his team in this victory.

From the time of its founding, America has been heavily influenced by the Judeo-Christian concepts found in the Old and New Testaments of the Holy Scriptures. When the nation adhered to these principles, it was extrodinarily blessed and even became a special and extrodinary nation. In recent decades, the nation has drifted away from these founding principles and has largely lost these blessings and is no longer special or extrodinary.

I must say it is refreshing to observe a prominent person such as Ray Lewis giving credit where it is due to God. Perhaps there may be hope for the nation yet, especially if others follow this example in their own lives.

Posted by B.Poster at January 15, 2013 08:59 PM

The problem I have with many people who are rotten bastards giving credit to God for their successes is that they talk about it way to much for one not to think it masks any real revelation.

I'm not convinced that Lewis, with all of his emotion and soul searching talk about God, is really any different than he was in 2000 when he plunged a knife into another human being.

Posted by asdf at January 16, 2013 09:10 AM

As I watched the Broncos/Ravens playoff game and rooted mightily for the Ravens and the possibility that the third seed would get not one but two home games, I was careful to remind myself to be careful what was wished for.

I wouldn't say that the Ravens are a great team but they are very tough and resilient.

And, truth be told, their win over the Broncos was as much about largesse as it was about the previously noted attributes and I suspect the Patriots will not allow for any such gifts. So I see the nine points are being a good line for this game.

A Patriots victory would also end the Ray Lewis tour and send this reprobate packing in style.

Posted by asdf at January 16, 2013 10:31 AM

asdf,

I do remember something about this regarding Mr. Lewis but do not recall the details or when it occurred. I think the context behind what occurred should be considered. For example, was it self-defense? If not clear cut self defense, did Mr. Lewis have reason to feel his life may have been in danger? I'm not sure of the answers to any of these questions. Frankly, I would not trust traditional media to supply us with any useful information on any of this.

I do find it interesting that Mr. Lewis is generally highly regarded by elite media types. This shoud raise a "red flag" immediately. Generally those who are thought of well by the traditional news media have severe character flaws. I recall Tim Tebow who by all accounts appears to be a decent person and appears to be the real deal regarding his Christianity was demonized non-stop by the same media who endlessly praises Mr. Lewis. Perhaps this should tell us something.

I think we would agree that a person should be judged by deeds and not by words. Also, I tend to agree with your view regarding the Patriots-Ravens game.

Posted by B.Poster at January 16, 2013 01:15 PM

B.Poster, we'll never know since he lied to police, and destroyed the white suit he was wearing the night of the murder - which as never been found. In addition, the murder weapons was completely free of finger prints. Hence, my original post.

Murder was the case that that gave Ray Lewis too. Odd how they just give those out to people for no reason....

Posted by HomerJFong at January 16, 2013 03:45 PM

that they*

Posted by HomerJFong at January 16, 2013 03:45 PM

Lewis was never prosecuted since he testified against two others who were indicted with him for murder. Those two were acquitted and Ray Lewis pled guilty to obstruction of justice for his testimony. He was given 1 year probation and fined $250,000 by the NFL.

But there were witnesses who said that he stabbed one of the victims and his limo driver testified that he punched one of the guys but then changed his mind on that. Was interesting too that the white suit he was wearing the night of the killings has never been found. Evidence lost.

So two guys were stabbed to death (one of them being hit 7 times) but none of the three suspects who were there fighthing with them and who were subsequently indicted did it?

Another character NFL'er from the U.

Posted by asdf at January 16, 2013 04:21 PM